Skip to main content

Feeling Uninspired? Stop and look at the roses :)

Whenever I feel lonely or sad, or just generally down or uninspired, I always try to find things to cheer me up. If I'm not feeling too good about myself, I go to Google Images and search about clouds, puppies, small birds and flowers. Recently now, I have been saving a lot more images of flowers than anything... I have a folder called "Inspiration" full of the beautiful blossoms you see below!


Looking at the pastel color of the pink roses always calms me down and most of all makes me smile!

Maybe one day I will go to the market to see some really nice daisies and white and red roses plus those adorable baby breath blossoms. I would especially like it if I can see some real nice pink ones.

I think flowers make me think that everything will be OK.

Work is getting to me, I guess. I'm tired most of the time but at the same time I'm really psyched about it. I also want to work part time, but I have a strange feeling I will not be 100% on either work if I do, which is kind of unfair to my full-time work. I don't really need the money, but I will be more financially secure if I get another source of income though, so I can provide more for my mom/dad for their medicine and other expenses, as well as mine.

I get headaches and neckaches lately. And I feel like I'm not getting enough sleep. But I'm already used to this sleeping pattern so I guess this is just fatigue. I know people get burned out at some point, so I guess I'm not immune. But I'm sure this will pass!!!!!
All the more reason to open a Flickr account and get more pictures of flowers.

Sorry about this ramble! Thank you for reading. Feels therapeutic :)

Comments

  1. Good idea!
    The pink flowers look gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love pink roses....hey, hope you feel better....email me...adin_22@yahoo.com....it might be something to cheer you up....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Places: PaperRockScissors the Perfect Craft Store in Davao

Listening to: "It's Time" - Imagined Dragons Hello everyone! This post is not exactly skin-care related, but I'd like to share something else tonight. Yes, it's a craft shop :) kind of weird, but you know my recently-aquired love for crafting and sewing, right? However nice Davao City is and its how accommodating its stores and establishments may be, hobby shops are definitely NOT dime a dozen from where I am. I can barely find things I want. National chains for school supplies and crafting items are not much help. But maybe that's my fault: I don't get out a lot. Well if I didn't go out last night for a dinner at Zabadani Cafe ( Grilled Syrian Chicken is just too yummy to pass up!), I would never know that what I needed was right under my nose! A recently-opened shop called Paper Rock Scissors is one of my recent finds. Located just a minute away from where I work is the hobby shop of my dreams! It is so quaint and pretty and houses a lot of craf...

Atoning

Okay so it's not a clever title. Well, I am currently reading Atonement by Ian McEwan (wow, I've been at this book for aaaages) and I am trying to atone for the lack of posts lately! We were having--- actually we still are having a tough time at home. We're moving!!! Been pretty busy with the repairs of the new home and packing all our stuff. *Sniff, Sniff* I feel really sad leaving our home. We've lived there for around 13 years. Hopefully we can all scramble and leave before September 18. And ugh, it's such a downer to spend September 19 unpacking and decorating our home. It's my b irthday , I was planning to host a Crab Party! :( Anyway, I thought I would just like to share my favorite quotes on Atonement , if you don't mind. I love this book. Everytime I read a passage that struck me, I hastily jot it down. The book is wonderfully written, it is so erudite! The story itself makes me contemplate on the dynamics of family, the strength of imagination ...

Go Home Faulkner, You're Drunk ('Difficult Books' series)

In my quest to 'broaden my literary horizon' I made a point to go out of this  terrible 'complaisant zone' I am currently  at. To be honest, my reading state is probably a lot bleaker that what I'm letting on: I have not finished a novel since three months ago! As penitensya for my incessant lack of drive and, I suppose, to jolt my brain back to the pace it used to enjoy prior to this reading drought, I decided that I must go the route of reading 'Difficult Books'. "A difficult book is still just a book",  I told myself; how silly to get hung up on what other people say about how much of a PitA   it is to slough through. I pride myself on reading basically everything I get my hands on. Because when all your life you've felt that reading a book was the warmest , most comfortable state to just be , it feels as natural as a breeze turning a page. So I grabbed a copy of William Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury . I am lucky enough to be at ...