Skip to main content

This Is The Cue to Stop Marchin'

Some of the highlights of the final string of fun days before April bucks the trend...

I finished All The Flowers in Shanghai by Duncan Jepson that Thursday, and I could say it was a pretty fast read, since starting it and blogging about it last Monday and worrying if I could juggle my books. Turns out this novel was easy to read, it was like eating mooncakes or something.

I opened the novel any chance I got. Reading on my way to work, when I went home, during lull moments and whenever I could get a seat at some place, or at bed in between my writings. I liked this well enough though there are a lot of things that grated on my nerves while reading. I'll expound more when I get to review this book.

In other news, I managed some really wonderful time out from work and pressure. Met with some friends and took some time to re-discover other good things in life. Korean Ice Cream, for example!

Me with guy friends and Le Kareshi
If you're keen on trying out any kind of Korean delicacies but would loath to run the risk of having to throw it out because you might hate the taste, I suggest you start with desserts. I chose a strange-looking but really cute Fish Ice cream. This had vanilla ice cream (very creamy) with a layer of red bean and red bean paste enclosed in a fish mold wafer. Costs about a dollar (PHP 50.00)!


Another luxury Korean ice cream is this choco chiffon from PANGTOA which was so delectable as only a chocolate chiffon ice cream sandwich can. What I'm saying is you just can't go wrong with this.


Seems like the round of eating never ends. Here I am with some of my friends at work, enjoying the smoked-bbq smell of grill heaven. Our company provided us with some pre-event grub in the form of deliciously charred strips of meat.


Mike and I have affinity to dropping by various pet stores... Not that we like animals in cages but it's the only way we see dogs and cats being their cute selves. During one of our drop-ins, we saw an adorable and energetic baby Chihuahua! His ears are like sails to ride the tempest of life.


And just because I like to eat a lot doesn't mean I'm not conscious of the things I'm feeding my body. To have a great mind, you must feed the brain with the healthiest food. I don't like broccoli, but I do love me some strawberries. Plus some prepackaged milk tea, a recently-released drink that I've always wanted to try.


I am now starting April the way I started March: catching up on my READING! We visited Zabadani Coffeeshop before it opens a newer store. I've grown to love this branch so much, it is the place I frequent if I want a good place to relax and de-stress. But I wish the owners the best of luck in their new place.


That is my mug of Spicy Layered Zabadani Coffee and Ramdeey the Persian Cat, and these two are the main reasons why I go to Zabadani. :D

Sorry if this post is really long and boring but thank you for reading all the same.
Keep safe and healthy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Places: PaperRockScissors the Perfect Craft Store in Davao

Listening to: "It's Time" - Imagined Dragons Hello everyone! This post is not exactly skin-care related, but I'd like to share something else tonight. Yes, it's a craft shop :) kind of weird, but you know my recently-aquired love for crafting and sewing, right? However nice Davao City is and its how accommodating its stores and establishments may be, hobby shops are definitely NOT dime a dozen from where I am. I can barely find things I want. National chains for school supplies and crafting items are not much help. But maybe that's my fault: I don't get out a lot. Well if I didn't go out last night for a dinner at Zabadani Cafe ( Grilled Syrian Chicken is just too yummy to pass up!), I would never know that what I needed was right under my nose! A recently-opened shop called Paper Rock Scissors is one of my recent finds. Located just a minute away from where I work is the hobby shop of my dreams! It is so quaint and pretty and houses a lot of craf...

Atoning

Okay so it's not a clever title. Well, I am currently reading Atonement by Ian McEwan (wow, I've been at this book for aaaages) and I am trying to atone for the lack of posts lately! We were having--- actually we still are having a tough time at home. We're moving!!! Been pretty busy with the repairs of the new home and packing all our stuff. *Sniff, Sniff* I feel really sad leaving our home. We've lived there for around 13 years. Hopefully we can all scramble and leave before September 18. And ugh, it's such a downer to spend September 19 unpacking and decorating our home. It's my b irthday , I was planning to host a Crab Party! :( Anyway, I thought I would just like to share my favorite quotes on Atonement , if you don't mind. I love this book. Everytime I read a passage that struck me, I hastily jot it down. The book is wonderfully written, it is so erudite! The story itself makes me contemplate on the dynamics of family, the strength of imagination ...

Go Home Faulkner, You're Drunk ('Difficult Books' series)

In my quest to 'broaden my literary horizon' I made a point to go out of this  terrible 'complaisant zone' I am currently  at. To be honest, my reading state is probably a lot bleaker that what I'm letting on: I have not finished a novel since three months ago! As penitensya for my incessant lack of drive and, I suppose, to jolt my brain back to the pace it used to enjoy prior to this reading drought, I decided that I must go the route of reading 'Difficult Books'. "A difficult book is still just a book",  I told myself; how silly to get hung up on what other people say about how much of a PitA   it is to slough through. I pride myself on reading basically everything I get my hands on. Because when all your life you've felt that reading a book was the warmest , most comfortable state to just be , it feels as natural as a breeze turning a page. So I grabbed a copy of William Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury . I am lucky enough to be at ...