Skip to main content

Product: Jill Stuart Mix Blush vs. Sivanna Colors Blush

Today I went to the mall and somehow I managed to go to this little boutique and something caught my eye. I saw on a stand this very familiar blush-on!

The brand of the blush is SIVANNA COLORS. It is a very dainty blush with etched shells design. It looks very nice, shiny and all too reminiscent of a certain expensive packaging, except for the rather plain brand text. Can you guess what the packaging looks like????

 

YEP!
It looks like a Jill Stuart Mix Blush Compact packaging!

Though without the beautiful brush chained to it. This blush is one of the high-end and holy grail blushes of the many beauty gurus that I look up to, so I couldn't help but want it myself. 

The only thing that prevents me from buying Jill Stuart cosmetics is because of is $$$$$$ price! This one is so pricey for a single item. It is about $48-$52 depending on where you buy it. Though a lot of girls just buy it for the princessy packaging which is so delightful, but some love its very girly though sheer application.

The Sivanna Colors one looks like its mousy counterpart, but you can tell that this is a knock-off of the Jill Stuart brand. Even the mix blush with the different shades of pink, peach and corals are reminiscent of one of the type of the JS Mix blush.

I bought it because I thought it was really funny, though I wouldn't ever think of using this for fear of what this blush powder may contain!!!

Sivanna Colors Blush

Image credit from PinkHeartedPrincess.
Though the JS Mix Blush compact is in my wishlist, I'm not that desperate to use a knock off of this! I want the real one.

I can't imagine using the SIVANNA COLORS one. We don't know what's in that and where it is made from. I wish the brand company didn't have to steal the design of the JS one. They should have innovated their own, maybe it can even catapult in the industry. Imitation is never good in business, it keeps you eating dust.

There doesn't seem to be news of Fake Jill Stuart, but I'm not surprised why there's Knock offs of this from other less know brands. JS is a very popular name, and the products is well loved by many.

Comments

  1. indeed, it is a knockoff of JS...I think Sivanna is a Thailand brand? same with in2it...so I think its not really that bad of a choice. But you can swatch it first to see how pigmented the blush were..=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Janet - Oh! That's good to know that its a known brand. Mayyybe I will try swatching it sometime.

    I'm not very into blushes, but I found the packaging cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nana -Hi nana! I knowww!XD its looks really nice and pretty ehhh~ :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! it looks very loveloy *-*

    and you are so sweet <3

    love

    lan beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Places: PaperRockScissors the Perfect Craft Store in Davao

Listening to: "It's Time" - Imagined Dragons Hello everyone! This post is not exactly skin-care related, but I'd like to share something else tonight. Yes, it's a craft shop :) kind of weird, but you know my recently-aquired love for crafting and sewing, right? However nice Davao City is and its how accommodating its stores and establishments may be, hobby shops are definitely NOT dime a dozen from where I am. I can barely find things I want. National chains for school supplies and crafting items are not much help. But maybe that's my fault: I don't get out a lot. Well if I didn't go out last night for a dinner at Zabadani Cafe ( Grilled Syrian Chicken is just too yummy to pass up!), I would never know that what I needed was right under my nose! A recently-opened shop called Paper Rock Scissors is one of my recent finds. Located just a minute away from where I work is the hobby shop of my dreams! It is so quaint and pretty and houses a lot of craf...

Atoning

Okay so it's not a clever title. Well, I am currently reading Atonement by Ian McEwan (wow, I've been at this book for aaaages) and I am trying to atone for the lack of posts lately! We were having--- actually we still are having a tough time at home. We're moving!!! Been pretty busy with the repairs of the new home and packing all our stuff. *Sniff, Sniff* I feel really sad leaving our home. We've lived there for around 13 years. Hopefully we can all scramble and leave before September 18. And ugh, it's such a downer to spend September 19 unpacking and decorating our home. It's my b irthday , I was planning to host a Crab Party! :( Anyway, I thought I would just like to share my favorite quotes on Atonement , if you don't mind. I love this book. Everytime I read a passage that struck me, I hastily jot it down. The book is wonderfully written, it is so erudite! The story itself makes me contemplate on the dynamics of family, the strength of imagination ...

Go Home Faulkner, You're Drunk ('Difficult Books' series)

In my quest to 'broaden my literary horizon' I made a point to go out of this  terrible 'complaisant zone' I am currently  at. To be honest, my reading state is probably a lot bleaker that what I'm letting on: I have not finished a novel since three months ago! As penitensya for my incessant lack of drive and, I suppose, to jolt my brain back to the pace it used to enjoy prior to this reading drought, I decided that I must go the route of reading 'Difficult Books'. "A difficult book is still just a book",  I told myself; how silly to get hung up on what other people say about how much of a PitA   it is to slough through. I pride myself on reading basically everything I get my hands on. Because when all your life you've felt that reading a book was the warmest , most comfortable state to just be , it feels as natural as a breeze turning a page. So I grabbed a copy of William Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury . I am lucky enough to be at ...