We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
- Nelson Mandela, 1994 inaugural speech
- Nelson Mandela, 1994 inaugural speech
Pretty pink lips here we go!
YES? NO? LOBSTER?
BREAKING NEWS FROM THE FRONT:
The GODIVA LICOWHITE I BLOGGED ABOUT is awesome because... it works. Or so I'd like to believe. After like 2 weeks, using it night after night, have finally paid off. I woke up this morning and went to the bathroom to wash the sleep off my face and I pleasantly noticed how my lips have turned a sprightly color. I took the picture above to show off
I like it because it has no smell, so I don't get turned off from using it (like Vaseline) and that I don't eat it off my lips (like Nivea Cherry-lol!) But what I love most about it is that it really moisturizes, yet it's not grease-heavy on the lips. It's an apply-it-on-and-forget-about-it kind of product.
***I have been tagged by the ever-lovely Golden of Goldensdiary! Thanks soooo much! :D I really like tags. I like it because I can talk about... myself. HAHAHAH! Self-centered noh?
SIX THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
1. Spending ME + BOOKS time. You know what, this past 3-day weekend have been such a great time to de-stress! I get to curl up with my book before I go to sleep, and reach for it beside my pillo when I wake up in the morning. I'm currently reading Atonement by Ian McEwan, South of the Border West of the Sun by Haruki Murakami, and Watchmen (DC Comics) by Alan Moore and I have a lot more books in my To-Be-Read pile which I am excited to read.
2. Buying and trying out Asian skin care products. I am absolutely in love with Asian skin care brands like Lioele, VOV, Beauty Credit, Skinfood, Etude, Samourai Girl. I love their cleansers, moisturizers, masks, serums, emulsions, etc etc. I've my eyes set on that Skinfood Black Garlic Emulsion at Frances' Beauty for a Living blogsale (just checked it--its already bought! naman! ). Maybe for now I have to settle with my trusty Celeteque oil-free toner. I love it and it does its job well.
3. Cosmetics with Cute packaging. I am a sucker for packaging. I'm the type of person who, on an impulse, would probably buy stuff because of the packaging. Or that because I wanted to keep the box. But if I can't but them then I'd just gush at them, like what I did when I'm at the Skinfood Store, or at La Core korean cosmetics shop
4. Watcing awesome movies with friends. Two nights straight we all watched two awesome movies: Orphan and District 9. We went home elated and discussing great scenes. The Orphan movie was very chilling. District 9 blew us away. The action never stopped and we were glued to the screen, barely eating our chips. And the whole thing with the District-9 aliens just about broke my heart.
5. Junk food. Chocolates. Ice cream. Cakes. And no matter how you grill me from eating all these crap I could never help myself. I love eating them all. One time we were out all over the city and my lunch and dinner consisted of 2 ice-cream sandwich and nothing more. I don't want to eat anything else except ice cream sandwiches for the rest of my life.
6. Internet and Videogames. Internet is, basically, my life an my diversion. It's fun working at home and taking it easy and still earn the same wages, at the same time being here in the internet is sweet! It's where I find my source of fun and distraction (sometimes more than I want it to distract me). As for videogames, well, I've been playing since I was 13, and I possibly will never grow out of this! I've played on Famicom, PS, PS2, Sega Dreamcast, XBOX, XBOX360, GameCube, Wii, PS3, even the handheld games and the PC (can't shake off my MMORPG addiction). Whenever I play videogames, it helps me forget about my troubles and simply focus on the linear but complex quest of going on a long adventure and saving the world from destruction.
Those are the six things that make me happy. Now, what's yours?