Skip to main content

Tagged by JBreezy! Five Things that Make Me Happy

My first tag ever from Joanna <3


Five Things that Make Me Happy

1. Books

The acquisition, and the reading of books makes me infinitely happy on so many levels. I feel so giddy at the mere thought of scouring book stores and book sales. I feel a jolt of devious pleasure when I buy books for so much less than their value, as it feels like I've just unearthed a diamond in the rough that's overlooked by everyone. I am at my happiest when I'm reading. I am always very eager to read about adventures, complex stories on seemingly mundane things, romances in classic novels, other culture, sub cultures, and so much more.


2. Being with Family / Friends


Even if the whole world turns on me, I feel like I can always find support in my family and those I consider my true friends.
My family may not be the most perfect, but really, who has a perfect family nowadays? But they are always there to back me up and protect me, and those I consider my true friends accept me for who I am, and all that I will be. The protection and acceptance are something very crucial that I can't do without in life, especially when it's from people that matter to me. Spending time with them is always a welcome treat!


3. Doing new stuff that challenge me
I love learning new stuff, even from the most 'simple', like learning how to sew a purse, playing the piano (which I'm learning now! hehe), and to the most daring like going ziplining and flying from one cliff to another with just cable wires (which I have already done! I want to try it again!), or going to the beach and diving from a platform or just anything that gets my heart pumping is what I love most. Just because I love reading and lounging around doesn't mean I'm a boring person. I'm trying to come out of my shell and do my best in learning about skin care and cosmetics, too. It looks real easy, but woaaaaah! Man, is it super hard! There's a lot I have to learn!


4. Traveling! Traveling! Traveling!
If there's one thing sure about the future, it is travel. I will not NOT TRAVEL! I love learning about languages and culture, and I feel that there are a lot of things I have yet to discover. I'm going to use my career and my degree to the fullest, and in the future will have work where I write AND travel at the same time. A wonderful friend of mine has suggested that we save up for a special trip together, we're planning to backpack across Southeast Asia, which in my opinion, is the most electrifying plan she's ever come up with. I can't stress enough how I WANT IT BAD. I need to get out, see the world! What better way to start than a full Asian continent of culture and languages!

5. Chocolates
I'm a chocoholic. Anything chocolate, I eat and drink! I once almost licked a chocolate lipbalm, ewww! I always immediately love people who bring me chocolates. My sister once brought me a gourmet box of Queen Alice chocolates from Ginza. I love Hersheys, Mars, Snickers, Meiji, Lotte, Van Houten, Cadburry, and so on and so forth! There's nothing I wouldn't do for chocolates (well, except eat cocroaches!) and my most sweetest dream is getting to sample all the chocolates in the freaking world!!

Comments

  1. yaaaay!!! u did it! haha... we have almost 3 in common (traveling, bf, and chocolates!) nice one aicha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Called A Break Up Because It's Broken

There are those times that we beg, pray, wish with all our might that there's a guide that will tell us what to do or what decisions to make during life's most crushing, crucial parts. Well, guess what, one book on how to get over one is now available in your nearest bookstore. I consider myself one of the very lucky few, I've never experienced a real break-up. Yet. But once, I nearly did and I felt all the mass of the entire universe was sitting on my chest. I can't imagine what it must feel like for the real thing. I think I will combust entirely :( I read this book, It's Called A Break Up Because It's Broken by Greg Behrendt and Amira Ruotola-Behrendt , hoping to get some sense of what to do when time calls for it. I'd like to get equipped for that when the situation comes, so this one book is seriously one of my best arsenals. The book teaches women/ladies/girls how to keep their dignity during and even after a break-up. Most of the time we have no idea

Schoolgirl by Osamu Dazai: Melancholic Contemplation

Arriving all the way from USA, I had a tiny traveler plop down right in front of my desk. The moment I held the book, I immediately focused long and hard on the book cover. I've had my small share of contemporary Japanese novels and each had very interesting designs, but not one is as gently arresting as this Schoolgirl by Osamu Dazai published by One Peace Books . Soft yet stark. I'm not one to judge a book by its cover, but it certainly is a good way to hold the interest of the readers. A closer look at the cover would remind one of things that are "beautiful in its simplicity". Everybody knows the Japanese aesthetics, a "set of ancient ideals that include wabi (transient and stark beauty), sabi (the beauty of natural patina and aging), and yûgen (profound grace and subtlety). * " Reflecting at these values, it's wonderful to observe how the cover follows the flow of wabi and yugen, isn't it? But a book should offer more than

VOV Castledew Eyeshadow Palette

I've always wanted an eyeshadow palette though I'm not sure if eyeshadows are my thing. I just love Castledew because it's so princessy and shiny and jewel-like and perfect. A Castle dew eyeshadow palette in all its shiny pretty glory! This is available in the La Core stall (korean beauty shop). Every time I passed by their stall, I always ask to view the palette and I always jump up and down in delight when I see it. Now I have it! MUAHAHAHA! I'll try to play around with the colors! See you!