Skip to main content

Healthy Food Choices

"If you have health, you probably will be happy, and if you have health and happiness, you have all the wealth you need, even if it is not all you want."
- Elbert Hubbard


Health and beauty almost always go hand in hand. Eating right is always paired with any beauty regiment you can find. It's not enough that you're taking care of your skin from the outside. Our diet affects not only what's inside the body, but it reflects on our physical appearance especially on our skin, eyes, hair and even on your nails.

I always force myself to go eat well because I'm a bad eater. I love love love junkfood and fatty food rich in bad cholesterol, high sodium, loaded with sugar and the like. I'm a huge carnivore, too! So much that I don't even LIKE vegetables. I abhor the icky slimy ones the most. I can only swallow corn, soft potatoes, finely chopped carrots, and some stray malunggay in my tinola. Hehe. I eat meat for breakfast, lunch, dinner. My snacks, well, are plain horrible too. I know that. But I can't stop munching happily on Lays, piattos, chippy, cornix, cream-o, moby, richie, gahhh~ I even love those little bags that you can get for 1-peso! But inside, I really am worried about the consequences of my bad eating habits.

I just discovered the magic of granola bars! So each week I buy a different box of granola and has done so for 3 weeks already. I finished my last bar yesterday and I would like to share what I discovered!

Nature's Path Organic Chewy Granola Bars with Dark Chocolate Chips (PHP 200/ Robinsons Grocery)
This is the first one that I bought and I must say that even tasting granola bars for the first time, it is absolutely delectable. This 6-piece pack is perfect for a chocolate addict like me. The granola both tastes wonderful and earthy and smells like sweet honey; it's very chewy and I love it! I want more!



I also really love this sample pack of Nature's Path EnviroKidz Orgainc Crispy Rice in Fruity Burst because it is fruity. Hmm, how to describe the flavor: It's like you’re eating honeyed rice crispies with tiny Fruitella chewy candies inside!



Quaker Oats Quaker Chewy Chocolate Granola with Smores (PHP 190 / SM Grocery)
I can't believe this isn't junk food! Haha! This 10-piece pack is an awesome treat for those who like chocolate and smores. Even the smell of the granola is testament to its yummy sweetness; I love crunching on the chips and the smores. Compared to the Nature's Path Granola, this is more brittle, and it's thinner but longer.




Health Valley Organic Chocolate Chip Chewy Granola Bars (PHP 180 / Healthy Options)
Healthy Granola, check. Honey coating, check. Chocolate chips inside, check, Chocolate drizzle, check. Chocolate chip toppings, check!
Oh Yeahhhh! What I love most about this 5-piece pack is that it is absolutely DELICIOUSSSSSSSSS!






THE ONE-GIRL JURY PROCLAIMS:
Health Valley Organic Chocolate Chip Chewy Granola Bars is the WINNER!


Let's Eat Healthy! -Aicha


P.S. I have 2 new granola bars to taste! YAAAAAAAAAY!



Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix Fruit and Nut
(P22 Per Bar / Robinsons)



Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars Oats n Honey
(P 22 Per Bar / Robinsons)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Places: PaperRockScissors the Perfect Craft Store in Davao

Listening to: "It's Time" - Imagined Dragons Hello everyone! This post is not exactly skin-care related, but I'd like to share something else tonight. Yes, it's a craft shop :) kind of weird, but you know my recently-aquired love for crafting and sewing, right? However nice Davao City is and its how accommodating its stores and establishments may be, hobby shops are definitely NOT dime a dozen from where I am. I can barely find things I want. National chains for school supplies and crafting items are not much help. But maybe that's my fault: I don't get out a lot. Well if I didn't go out last night for a dinner at Zabadani Cafe ( Grilled Syrian Chicken is just too yummy to pass up!), I would never know that what I needed was right under my nose! A recently-opened shop called Paper Rock Scissors is one of my recent finds. Located just a minute away from where I work is the hobby shop of my dreams! It is so quaint and pretty and houses a lot of craf...

Atoning

Okay so it's not a clever title. Well, I am currently reading Atonement by Ian McEwan (wow, I've been at this book for aaaages) and I am trying to atone for the lack of posts lately! We were having--- actually we still are having a tough time at home. We're moving!!! Been pretty busy with the repairs of the new home and packing all our stuff. *Sniff, Sniff* I feel really sad leaving our home. We've lived there for around 13 years. Hopefully we can all scramble and leave before September 18. And ugh, it's such a downer to spend September 19 unpacking and decorating our home. It's my b irthday , I was planning to host a Crab Party! :( Anyway, I thought I would just like to share my favorite quotes on Atonement , if you don't mind. I love this book. Everytime I read a passage that struck me, I hastily jot it down. The book is wonderfully written, it is so erudite! The story itself makes me contemplate on the dynamics of family, the strength of imagination ...

Go Home Faulkner, You're Drunk ('Difficult Books' series)

In my quest to 'broaden my literary horizon' I made a point to go out of this  terrible 'complaisant zone' I am currently  at. To be honest, my reading state is probably a lot bleaker that what I'm letting on: I have not finished a novel since three months ago! As penitensya for my incessant lack of drive and, I suppose, to jolt my brain back to the pace it used to enjoy prior to this reading drought, I decided that I must go the route of reading 'Difficult Books'. "A difficult book is still just a book",  I told myself; how silly to get hung up on what other people say about how much of a PitA   it is to slough through. I pride myself on reading basically everything I get my hands on. Because when all your life you've felt that reading a book was the warmest , most comfortable state to just be , it feels as natural as a breeze turning a page. So I grabbed a copy of William Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury . I am lucky enough to be at ...