Skip to main content

FOTD: Light Makeup for Party Look

DECEMBER -- is the month of COMPANY CHRISTMAS PARTIES! And what better way to FORCE me to wear a lot of make up is when the threat of non-conformity incident report is being waved in my face, resulting to future disciplinary actions by the company Admin. Sigh. In any case, here is the party make up look that I created.


This is my first FOTD so you can understand the newbie-ness of this. A lot of eyeliner and eyeshadow and I was ready to sit the night away! The best thing about the make up that I wore is that my face was made up in such a way that was breathable, despite the suffocating venue we had and the throngs of people that were there. I had very little to no oiliness, and it is a feat considering the natural tendency of my skin to act up when it's humid and the external factors i.e. suffocating venue. :))

What I wore for my face:


 That's Ellana Mineral Espresso Con Pana Oil Absorbing Finishing Powder and the Majolica Majorca Skin Lingerie Face Base. There was no need for foundation because the MM Base was good enough as coverage create evenness on the skintone (and also acts like a brightener, because I looked lighter for some reason?) You can click to enlarge the photo below:


I really liked that I was able to put on makeup without it melting at the end of the event.

I was able to sit there for a full 6 HOURS with only one retouch to my face in between. Though the lipstick wore off somehow because of the buffet dinner hahaha. Here is my face after the event!

And what do you know! My team won 3 awards for the Music Video that we made! Best Production Design, Best Director (ME! OMG!)and the overall winner title, bagging the Best Video Award!

My WINNER face below:

Slight smile. Coz she's too used to winning, this girl. Hahaha, kidding.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING!

Comments

  1. For your first FOTD, you look great! ;D

    & congrats for winning hun!! :)


    <3,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Debi and @Dana
    Thanks you guys, nowhere near as pretty as you both but getting there so slowly XDDD hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely FOTD look.. especially the red lips really stands out...;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Places: PaperRockScissors the Perfect Craft Store in Davao

Listening to: "It's Time" - Imagined Dragons Hello everyone! This post is not exactly skin-care related, but I'd like to share something else tonight. Yes, it's a craft shop :) kind of weird, but you know my recently-aquired love for crafting and sewing, right? However nice Davao City is and its how accommodating its stores and establishments may be, hobby shops are definitely NOT dime a dozen from where I am. I can barely find things I want. National chains for school supplies and crafting items are not much help. But maybe that's my fault: I don't get out a lot. Well if I didn't go out last night for a dinner at Zabadani Cafe ( Grilled Syrian Chicken is just too yummy to pass up!), I would never know that what I needed was right under my nose! A recently-opened shop called Paper Rock Scissors is one of my recent finds. Located just a minute away from where I work is the hobby shop of my dreams! It is so quaint and pretty and houses a lot of craf...

Atoning

Okay so it's not a clever title. Well, I am currently reading Atonement by Ian McEwan (wow, I've been at this book for aaaages) and I am trying to atone for the lack of posts lately! We were having--- actually we still are having a tough time at home. We're moving!!! Been pretty busy with the repairs of the new home and packing all our stuff. *Sniff, Sniff* I feel really sad leaving our home. We've lived there for around 13 years. Hopefully we can all scramble and leave before September 18. And ugh, it's such a downer to spend September 19 unpacking and decorating our home. It's my b irthday , I was planning to host a Crab Party! :( Anyway, I thought I would just like to share my favorite quotes on Atonement , if you don't mind. I love this book. Everytime I read a passage that struck me, I hastily jot it down. The book is wonderfully written, it is so erudite! The story itself makes me contemplate on the dynamics of family, the strength of imagination ...

Schoolgirl by Osamu Dazai: Melancholic Contemplation

Arriving all the way from USA, I had a tiny traveler plop down right in front of my desk. The moment I held the book, I immediately focused long and hard on the book cover. I've had my small share of contemporary Japanese novels and each had very interesting designs, but not one is as gently arresting as this Schoolgirl by Osamu Dazai published by One Peace Books . Soft yet stark. I'm not one to judge a book by its cover, but it certainly is a good way to hold the interest of the readers. A closer look at the cover would remind one of things that are "beautiful in its simplicity". Everybody knows the Japanese aesthetics, a "set of ancient ideals that include wabi (transient and stark beauty), sabi (the beauty of natural patina and aging), and yûgen (profound grace and subtlety). * " Reflecting at these values, it's wonderful to observe how the cover follows the flow of wabi and yugen, isn't it? But a book should offer more than...